Mar 29, 2016
I talk with Rob Biernacki, a friend, BJJ black belt, and
contributor to Grapplearts (see the videos and
articles he's been involved with here).
This is a fun, opinionated conversation in which I'm sure we'll
offend just about everyone! Some of the topics we
covered in the 1:19 discussion include...
- How the underlying principles of BJJ that make it easy to learn
techniques, adapt to new situations, and transition effortlessly
between gi and no gi training
- Stories about cultish schools run by insane martial arts
- A narrow escape from vindictive ninjas in the 1980s
- The role of competition in BJJ
- Maintaining standards in the martial arts
- Why suffering is a good thing for the development of martial
I hope you'll like it!