Nov 21, 2022
BJJ black belt Elliott Bayev and I discuss the minimum knowledge
set required to be a competent blue belt, including...
- The 8 basic positions in jiu-jitsu
- A 3 phase strategy for beating a bigger person
- The real purpose of the guard
- The 2 types of submissions
- The hierarchy of positions
- How to stay safe in bad positions...and what to do next.
- The importance of getting high up on your opponent’s body
- How do throws and takedowns fit into training
- Competition vs self defense tactics
How many techniques do you actually need
Why sparring against real resistance makes jiu-jitsu
- When to begin sparring in your progression
- How long does it take to make bluebelt
- And more!
Click here to get the
Roadmap for BJJ, my free PDF breakdown of the basic positions
and strategies in jiu-jitsu.
Elliott runs the Openmat
school in Toronto Ontario and also the BJJ101.tv
Check out Elliott's Spider
Guard Masterclass, and/or his Self Defense
Guard, and/or his 30 Second
Fight Finishes instructionals. I've personally worked with him
on all 3 of these products and I can say without hesitation that
they are incredibly detailed and directly applicable to your