Apr 18, 2021
Today I talk with Dr Nicholas Tyau, a BJJ Black Belt and internal medicine specialist who was working in NYC hospitals during Covid Ground Zero in 2020. We discuss the 5 key factors you need to consider after you've been vaccinated but before you decide to return to normal training, including...
1) Local hospital and ICU occupancy rates
2) Test positivity rates in your community
3) Vaccination rates within your community and your training group
4) Your tolerance for taking short term and long term risk
5) Your tolerance for, and the consequences of, potentially making others sick, especially the people you live with.
Please check out my previous episode (ep 285) with Dr Tyau here: https://www.grapplearts.com/doctor-covid-ground-zero/
Also episode 302 with epidemiologists Kathrine Wallace and Madeline Lewis: https://www.grapplearts.com/covid-myths-debunked-with-epidemiologists-kathrine-wallace-and-madeline-lewis/
And my series of discussions with Dr Chris Moriarty on guidelines for operating a BJJ school safely during the Covid-19 pandemic: https://www.grapplearts.com/openingupbjj
Thank you, and take care of each other,